- >Share this article on Facebook
- >Share this article on Twitter
- >Share this article on Email
- >Show additional share options
- >Share this article on Print
- >Share this article on Comment
- >Share this article on Whatsapp
- >Share this article on Linkedin
- >Share this article on Reddit
- >Share this article on Pinit
- >Share this article on Tumblr
[This story contains spoilers for the series finale of Younger, “Older.”]
In the world of Sutton Foster’s Liza, it might appear that everything has come full circle by the end of Younger. But, upon further inspection with creator Darren Star, the series finale of the Paramount+ comedy does so in a “limitless” way.
Seven seasons ago, Younger began with Liza, a divorcée and single mother in her 40s, telling a lie that she was in her 20s in order to land a junior position with the top New York City publishing firm run by Charles (Peter Hermann). By the end of the show’s run, everyone had moved on from Liza’s lie — except for Charles. In the series finale, he realizes that, despite their love for each other, he will never be able to fully trust Liza and the pair call off their engagement. But when Charles decides to quit his job to pursue a dream of writing his book, he credits Liza as his inspiration for it never being too late to start a second career. And he promptly names her as his replacement for editor in chief at Empirical Publishing.
Source : https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/younger-series-finale-darren-star-liza-1234964803/#!750